Friday 18 August 2017

Festival of Quilts 2017

I spent two full, busy days last Thursday and Friday at the Festival of Quilts at the NEC, Birmingham.

As always there were wonderful Competition quilts, such amazing work on display. I marvelled at the artistic skills as well as the sewing skills of the quilt makers.
I had a problem with my camera so didn't take as many pictures as usual but I will share some with you now:


 
 
Two photos of a very intricately pieced quilt. Great colours, all swirling around the quilt.



I loved this Pineapple quilt.
 
Again, wonderful piecing. I loved how the corners connected into striped squares.
 
 
The following photos were of a quilt called Some Memories, each block depicted a holiday , each one a different scene, country, year the holiday was taken.
 
This is Opua in New Zealand
 
 Another NZ scene, this time with kayaks and, like the previous one, edged with Maori patterned fabrics.
 
Interesting to see this quilt as we had NZ friends with us, and they loved spotting the NZ holiday blocks
 
Again lots of small piecing.

 
 
 
Lots more photos to share, but off to friends for a meal.  Will come back tomorrow with more pictures.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of work in some of them. The are beautiful. It would have been nice to see them up close though.

    ReplyDelete