I have just quickly laid them out on my sewing room carpet:
Good to take a photograph as it gives a clearer idea of placements of blocks and colours.
A few things immediately jump out at me:
- I like the orange frames (there are two different orange fabrics and I have more of both) so I can scatter more on the right hand side of the quilt. I hadn't realised they were all over the other side.
- I also like the grass green solid framed blocks
- Too many pale framed blocks
- Another 2 brown framed blocks would help to strengthen the contrast too
- I need another one or two variations of fabric for the 5.5" squares, it's a bit too "samey"
- Probably too many of the blue and white background cat squares too. I have other cat fabrics in my stash but they have pink and purple in them and as I am making this a gender-neutral quilt they won't be quite right. So a bit more thought here or a visit to my LQS for another cat fabric option.
Not worried about making more blocks as I have lots of the cat picture fabrics and there is always the option of making another Cat Quilt another time so I am happy to stockpile the leftovers with the remaining fabrics chosen for this quilt. I will create another "Project Pack"!
I have enjoyed making the framed blocks - Happy Blocks a la Cathy (Sane, Crazy, Crumby blog) so I won't mind making some replacements.