Saturday 29 April 2017

On a roll with Happy Blocks

After a very busy week I decided to spend much of yesterday and some of today making
Happy Blocks. Idea gleaned from Cathy's Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting blog.

I have made similar blocks before, using 2.5" chicken themed fabrics and a double frame around the blocks,


 
This time I looked through my stash for "Boy" fabrics, either 5" Charms or fabric I could cut 5" blocks from.  As I want to make a few baby quilts I cut an extra set of blocks and also a few extra
2" strips for framing the squares.
 
Today I finished sewing 25 blocks together and made this top:
 
 
I have set it aside whilst I think of a border fabric.
 
Here's the other set of Boy squares and the 2" strips for framing them.  Not enough strips so I need to look through my stash to find some more.
 
 
 
Now I'm off to find some Girl fabrics for another 2 sets of 5" blocks.

3 comments:

  1. This is going to be another bright & cheerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great fun quilts for kids. Easy to put together too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these make lovely baby quilts I am doing similar at the moment

    ReplyDelete