Thursday 10 March 2016

At last, some sewing!

It's been ages since I did any sewing, so ages since I wrote a blog post.  We have been very busy with a succession of visitors followed by a week's trip away to NZ's West Coast.  All great, but no chance to sew one stitch!

I am part of a Siblings Together Bee block - we call ourselves the Wee Bees and each month one of us is Queen Bee and chooses the block design.  Jo's turn for March and she chose a Pinwheel block, each containing 4 pinwheels, half solids and half printed fabrics in each pinwheel. Each of us makes 2 blocks.
I started my blocks yesterday and completed them this morning.  Bright and colourful as those were the colours I had here in my limited NZ stash.

 
 
 
 
These will be posted when I am in town on Monday.
 
I am finishing off two baby quilts I have been making over the past few weeks.  The pink girl's quilt needs its binding hand stitched and the boy's one has to be trimmed and the binding made and attached.  The boy's quilt now has a recipient, baby Josselin who was born a few days ago to one of my daughter's friends. 
 
Just off to trim and make the binding. Then this evening I can hand stitch it whilst I watch the Final of Australian Masterchef. It's going to be a long programme - 7.30 - 10pm - so I will have plenty of time to finish the quilt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment