Thursday 8 October 2015

Another drawstring bag, another finish

I am gradually working through the To Do List I wrote about on my blog on 19th September.

Item 5 was: Make a little drawstring bag for my Christmas Shoe Box Appeal gift.

I love making these bags, using 2.5" squares from my Box of already cut squares.
As it's intended for a little girl, aged 2 - 4 years, I chose bright pretty squares.  A largish scrap of fabric was ideal for the lining and a bright yellow spotty 1.5"strip (also in my pre-cut stash) was used for the casing.  Pretty ribbon I had bought in New Zealand and 2 yellow buttons from my Button Stash completed the bag.

Here it is:

 

I used the same 16 fabrics on each side of the bag but rearranged them in a different order.  I like playing with colours and placements!

And a little view of the lining - I love this fabric but can't remember what it is called.
I cut the pieces left over from the lining into a few more 2.5" squares and one 2.5" strip which are already stashed away.

 
Another gift finished and added to my Shoe Box.
I also bought a couple more things yesterday; a bright orange castanet and a glittery silver star Christmas decoration.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love your drawstring bags, I know because I'm lucky enough to have one :) I know whoever receives this will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do need to learn how to make these bags.
    I know Deb enjoys making drawstring bags too

    ReplyDelete