Sunday 4 January 2015

And the Last will be First

My last finish of 2014 is becoming my first gift of 2015.

Another little needlecase made using the excellent tutorial from  Amy's nanacompany.typepad.com

I have altered Amy's design a little by adding two thin ribbon strings which tie in a bow, instead of the button and loop which Amy did.

As I like to try to keep my stash and projects organised I have a Needlecase Pack containing the instructions, suitable pieces of thin ribbon, the Strawberry template, fusible webbing and scraps of fabric for the strawberry and leaf, the fronts and inside of the needlecase and 1.5" squares already cut for the patchwork. Then it's easy to grab the pack and make another little needlecase!




And here it is, opened up to show the patchwork back.



This one is a little "Thank you" for Teresa Rawson (her blog is fabrictherapy.BlogSpot.com)

I entered Teresa's Giveaway in mid December and won!  The prize was a great magazine, one I have seen mentioned in lots of blogs: Quiltmakers 100 Blocks which looks a great resource to have on the bookshelves in my Sewing Room.  So, thank you, Teresa.  The Strawberry needlecase will be in the post to you tomorrow.

I love these little needlecases and have now made quite a few which have all been gifted. 
This gift takes to 20 my total of little gifts for 2014. Not all patchwork: there are a couple of crocheted blankets and some knitting but I did make three of these Strawberry needlecases. 

I like to keep a record of all the crafty things I make: mostly Patchwork (quilts, cushions, bags and needlecases) but also a bit of knitting and crochet.  I use Flickr as a vehicle for this record and organise my finishes into Albums.  A couple of years ago I had the bright idea of keeping a clearer record of things I have made by adding the year in the title of the album.
For instance Small Gifts 2014 where this little gift is number 20.

By looking at these Albums I can quickly see what I actually finished in 2014.

I made 8 quilts, 5 of which I have already gifted, 4 sets of blocks for various charity quilt drives and 2 crocheted blankets which have yet to be given away. 

Not as many finishes for 2014 as there were for 2013 but last year was extremely busy on the health front - for me and also for my daughter who had a slipped disc in September which took a lot of time to improve so I was helping out a lot there too. 

We are hoping 2015 brings better health for us.

So, as this is my first Blog post of 2015, may I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy and Creative 2015!

2 comments:

  1. I found out, that taking herbal treatment is the best to get rid of Parkinson and  HPV as soon as I feel the symptoms of HPV is appearing, I took the healing process by contacting Dr wole  for natural treatment it works wonders, amazingly ever since I had the herbal treatment I have not feel these horrible disease anymore and my doc told me the virus is gone, I am glad i finally got cured out from this horrible disease. every HPV or herpes patients should also get in touch with this herbalist Dr wole to get ride of these disease forever  contact this great man
     E-mail  greatcureman@gmail.com
     whatsapp  +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT LOAN FIRM

    Hello my dear people, I am Charlotte Johnson, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and I was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Diego Lorenzo the most interesting part of it is that my loan of $65,000.00 was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr.Diego Lorenzo if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. Lorenzo Diego loan firm today for your loan

    They offer all kinda loans like...

    Short term loan (5_10yrs)
    Long term loan (20_40yrs)
    Medium term loan (10_20yrs)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then MR Lorenzo Diego loan firm is the financial place to go get your loan easily  please just tell him I Mrs. Charlotte Johnson McDonald referred you to Him  Good Luck..

    ReplyDelete