Saturday 29 November 2014

Hello World baby quilt finished

I have been making a baby quilt for a baby boy expected mid November.
I decided on a more modern design, using an idea my friend Sarah uses in many of her lovely baby quilts which incorporates the baby's name, appliqued at the top of the quilt.

I put the top together some weeks ago as the Mum-to-be knew she was expecting a boy.  I hand quilted the majority of the quilt using Perle cotton, leaving the top section for the name to be appliqued and the quilting and binding to be done when baby arrived.  Little rascal came a few days early but I finished the quilt quite quickly and passed it along (via another friend) yesterday.

I love the cool colours of this quilt and I think they will match baby's room décor and his Mum's style. Hope so, anyway.  As long as it is used, that's all I want.


The front:
 

A sneaky peek of the cool green and white striped backing fabric:


And a Close up of the appliqued name:

 
 
I hope baby James enjoys his quilt.  It measures 30" x 40" so it can be used in a variety of ways:
as a playmat and for 'tummy time', snuggling with Mummy or Daddy, wrapped around in his pushchair, Moses basket or car seat and, a little later on as a cot quilt.
 
Welcome to the world!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and special quilt for little baby James. Adding his name really adds that personal touch. I think this quilt will be used for all the reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete