Sunday 21 September 2014

Calling all Scrap quilt lovers


If you read my blog you will know that I love Scrap Quilts: making them, gazing at pictures of them, looking at them in shows! I have quite a collection of Scrap Quilt books on my sewing room bookshelves and loads of patterns  in my ring binder file.

So I was delighted to find Deb from Works in Progress is not only making a Scrap Quilt ( Katie Jones Scrap Vomit one) but is encouraging quilters to make a scrap quilt or finish one they have already started. No doubt there are hundreds of UFOs hidden away in cupboards all over the world!

Here's the link: #scrappyquilt#quiltalong

Have a look and get inspired and don't forget to add your quilt or block pictures to Deb's link.

I love Deb's quilts. She has a great eye for colour and design and all her work is so cheerful - I find myself smiling when I see her quilts.

So, this has spurred me on to start making some blocks for a Wonky Wishes quilt, a free pattern by Bonnie Hunter on her Quiltville blog.  Earlier this year I make four of these blocks which I  did QAYG style for the Soy Amado project.  I loved making them and was very pleased with the result  and would love to make a whole quilt. I have a lot of 2.5" squares already cut but I will need to cut a lot of neutrals for the star centres.  So this week I  intend to look though my stash for neutral scraps and cut out as many 2.5" squares as I can and put some scraps to be used for the star points into a ziplock bag so I have everything ready to make the blocks. My intention is to make it alongside another baby quilt I hope to start very soon.


 I am hoping that by writing a post about my intentions I  will actually start to do it.

Happy Scrappy Sewing to you all!


#scrappyquilt#quiltalong

No comments:

Post a Comment