Monday 10 February 2014

First finish of 2014 and it's NOT a quilt

Very quiet on the sewing front.  Enjoying the sunshine too much to sit indoors at the sewing machine.

But this evening I have completed my 4 year old granddaughter's Ballet cardigan.  I made her one in pink in January last year when she started Ballet classes.  But she has grown and needed a larger size.  Annalise decided that this time she wanted blue as their Ballet outfits are a royal blue.  This isn't quite the right shade but it was Annalise's choice.  We bought the yarn before Christmas and I brought it out to New Zealand with me to knit.

It seems to have taken a long time to make. I actually knitted all the main pieces whilst I was watching the Australian Tennis Open on TV but it has taken until today to complete the sewing up, knit the bands and ties.

But on Thursday it will be posted back to the UK.  Just hope it fits!

Maybe I will have some sewing to show in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment