Monday 14 January 2013

I am so FRUSTRATED!

I tried to write a post today including photos of my First finish of 2013 and my first ongoing quilt for 2013. Since I last uploaded quilt photos on my blog at the end of 2012 the system seems to have changed and, as a novice computer/ blogger I could NOT find out how to access my file of quilts photos so that I could share some pictures along with my blurb........... The WHOLE POINT of my post!
Before I was able to click on Upload, type in the name of my file and then click on the photos I wanted to use.  Not today. There is now a message in the space where you could previously Type in the name of the file which says something like" you can upload various sorts of files" they are named, JPG or whatever ( I said I'm not a computer bod) but if you click Upload nothing happens and I cannot see any way of accessing my photos. Can't even find a way into the Help Desk for advice. The advice I did find told me to do what I always have done in the past! Great help that was!

 So, one frustrated quilter here. The only thing I can do is to direct you to my Flickr photos. My name is Koshka2 and you will find my finished I Spy Bubbles quilt there. Yellow Kona cotton background with my usual I Spy bubbles. This quilt is destined for New Zealand, a gift for the expected grandson of very good friends, Frank and Miriam. I have used a recycled vintage sheet, circa 1980s for the backing and used a bright green fabric for the binding. This has been in my stash for a while now and after I had finished cutting the binding there was enough fabric left to cut  two 2.5" x 16" strips for my Scrappy Trip Along quilt and a few 2.5" squares for my Swap bot Scrap Vomit swap with a few squares left over for my own SV stash.

Then the next photos would have been of the layout of my blocks for my Zigzag Quilt.  I have combined 72 of my 4" Crumb Blocks with 72x 4" solid Kona cottons in Ash, a yellow and an orange. I am really pleased with how it looks and now need to start sewing the blocks together. Not tomorrow though as we are on "Grandparent duty" looking after our not-quite 3 year old granddaughter as our daughter is really poorly in bed with a virus.

So, of you have any idea how I can add photos to my blog, please leave a comment!
THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment