Tuesday 12 June 2012

Butterfly cushion

So pleased to report that I have finished the butterfly cushion for baby Willow.  This was made to match the Gwen Marston style quilt I made for my daughter to gift when Willow was born on Valentine's Day.


This is the quilt:



And here is the cushion.  I decided the butterfly wings needed to be made from scrappy strips. The background is Moda Essential dots, the fabric I used in the Owl quilt, that way keeping down the costs.


I felt the lime green plain fabric on the top left wing stuck out like a sore thumb, so I embroidered little flowers on it to soften it.


So, here's the whole package I shall be handing over on Friday afternoon:



I'm pleased with everything so I hope Mum  Nina is too!  Always a worry when someone asks you to make a particular thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment