Wednesday 7 December 2016

Final finishes

 I have just completed the last Premature baby quilt for my local hospital which I think my Patchwork Group will hand over just before Christmas.

I have made 5 and they are nice and bright and cheerful.

 
 
3 were made using 4" Crumb blocks & 4" squares from stash:
 
 
 


 


 
 
One used up my last remaining scrap from a piece of novelty fabric I was gifted several years ago.
I used the elephant/jungle scrap as the centre for a medallion-style quilt. The 2.5" squares and strips for borders were all from stash:
 
 
And this last quilt used my last frog squares:
 


I have enjoyed making these little quilts ( 15" x 20") and hope they will bring joy to the parents of premature babies.
 
 
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your quilts. Its wonderful that you've made them so bright and cheery. What a beautiful colourful gift to welcome a little tiny baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look lovely. I have been down to our local hospital and I am going to be making some for them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely Linda and will brighten up the family's lives.

    ReplyDelete