Wednesday 28 October 2015

UFO Challenge

The Patchwork Group I belong to is making a Spider web Quilt for one of our members. 
Last year we made one for another of our group (different colours so it will look quite different) and I made a set of blocks at different stages of construction so members could see how the quilt was made.  This bag of parts was put away. It saw the light of day recently when I was reminding one of our group how the blocks are constructed.

I decided not to put it back in the cupboard but to finish it so for the past few days I have made a start on the blocks. 
I already had two completed blocks:


 and have now finished 4 triangles which will make up another block. I also have several triangles at various stages.

Here they are:

 
In order to make sure I finish this UFO I am linking with Jo's Country Junction's UFO Challenge.
 
The UFO should be completed before Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt begins just after Thanksgiving.  It seems appropriate to choose this UFO to complete as the quilt is similar to one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns on her blog.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun working on your spider web. It's a great idea to set a date to have them finished by, and the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks will come together quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lovely afternoon sewing loads of strips! The blocks are coming on nicely.

    ReplyDelete