Wednesday 21 May 2014

A very PINK Doll's quilt

We recently stayed with friends in Amsterdam and we met their delightful grandchildren again.  The little girl is now 3 years old and loves her dolls and soft toys, wrapping them up and taking them for walks in her doll's pushchair. 

As a little Thank you to Granny and Grandpa I decided to send some small gifts for the children, including a Doll's quilt for Eden-Rose. She loves PINK!  The day we saw her she was dressed head to toe in pink so of course I had to make the quilt very pink too!

Here it is, ready to pop into the parcel with a book for her and two books for her big brother:



I hand blanket stitched around the hearts and hand quilted with a silky variegated thread.  The inner border and backing are the same fabric, a very soft silky cotton which feels really lovely.

All the patches came from my 3.5" squares stash so the quilt top came together quite quickly. 
It saves so much time if you have squares already cut.  I keep 2", 2.5", 3" and 3.5" as I use all of these sizes regularly.  Whenever I finish a project I cut smaller leftovers and off cuts from the quilt sandwich into squares and strips for my Scraps Stash.

Here's a close up:



After I have shown it to my Patchwork group tomorrow it will be winging its way to Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment